Tuesday 29 March 2011

Sexy, Messy, "Just Off the Beach" Waves?

The secret is sea salt spray. I once dropped by one of Manhattan's hottest salons to check in on the new perming trend. I wanted carefree, loose waves and was wondering if they did them there via the perming process.
No can do, said the girl at the front desk, who just happened to have the hair we wanted. "Do you happen to perm your hair?" I asked, oh-so-delicately. She smiled and leaned forward to tell me her little secret. "Nope, I use sea salt. And I make it myself." You too can make a spray using a bottle, several tablespoons of sea salt and water. But if you want to buy it yourself, we recommend our favorite sea salt spray, Bumble and Bumble's Surf Spray.
So skip the perm and first try spritzing sea salt on damp hair, scrunching hair and letting airdry. Since most hair has some sort of natural wave, the sea salt naturally enhances it.

No comments:

Post a Comment